There was an error in this gadget

Monday, December 27, 2010

Just a little about me + The Hunger Games

Well hi, I'm not too sure on whether I should actually start ranting on about the latest book I've read just yet, so I've decided to tell you why I started to write this blog.
Have you ever been talking to someone and you know that they really wish they weren't listening to you. Well I get this a lot. Probably because I ramble on a lot and can never give the short version of any story. And because of the displeasure I can usually see I'm causing people I have decided to post my view in full detail to the world wide web. So then if people decide to read it, that's their choice.

My first book I will tell you my opinions about is, The Hunger Games... It was truly epic, it had everything I enjoy about a novel, adventure, action and of course, romance. In saying I enjoyed this book thoroughly I don't want people to think I generally read YA books, even though I am a Young Adult. To be honest, I decided I needed a break from the classic literature that I had been reading over the past five months. You see I'd heard about the Hunger Games off a friend whom generally likes similar books to me. I'd just finished reading The Scarlet Letter, which don't get me wrong was fantastic, but I can't help but dislike the fact I needed a dictionary beside me while I read.

So I bought the Hunger Games, which as previously said, was epic. I started reading it at 12am at night, silly I know, but it was holidays and I wasn't tired. So yes, I began reading at 12am and by 4:45am I had finished the first part of the story (it's separated into 3 main parts) and I was itching to read the whole lot, but tiredness enveloped me. So when I woke up at an ungodly time the next morning, I immediately went back to reading, and when I wasn't reading, it was all I thought about. By 9pm that night I had finished. And it just left me wanting more more more, sadly I don't live anywhere near a bookstore so I have to wait. Luckily for me I have started reading these when the whole trilogy is out so I won't have to do anymore waiting!
The story is set in a post apocalyptic time where there is 12 districts whom all are under the rule of the Capitol, there is an annual event in which one girl and one boy from each district has to participate in a reality tv show where the only rule is kill or be killed. The story follows a girl called Katniss Everdeen who takes the place of her little sister in the competition. But the problem is Peeta, who is the boy chosen from her district, district 12, who, at their interview before the games begin, confesses his love for Katniss which turns the whole competition upside down!

It's one of those books that after your finished it, you just keep thinking about it. And to be perfectly honest, I re-read it, with a one day break. I thought that reading it again I might find things that I overlooked, but I didn't which was a little bit of a disappointment. Nevertheless Hunger Games is a fantastic, thrilling novel that I really enjoyed :) 
Thanks for reading :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment