There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Harry Potter FTW

Hello to anyone who reads this :)

I thought I'd better get the Harry Potter blog over and done with. Don't get me wrong I'm pretty excited to write all about HP. 
I just don't know where to begin. I have to admit I had seen the first four movies before I read the books so I believe that means I didn't read them until about 2005 possibly 2006. The rest of my family had though and I knew all about them. When I read the books, I guess you could say it was magic, not to mention I was finishing them in two days flat! They probably changed my life, and are a huge part of who I am today.

Another really great part of Harry Potter is the fact the movies turned out so well. To say they got the characters spot on is an understatement, I mean the Weasley twins? I don't think I have ever seen such a great movie to book transition and it's lucky that they did make the movies so great or else there would be thousands upon thousands of raging fans coming after the producers.

A Very Potter Musical? Never heard of it? Well you don't know what you are missing out on get on Youtube right now! They have combined the sheer epicness of Harry Potter and made a musical. They songs are so catchy and you will constantly be singing them and people will generally throw you weird looks because you are singing a strange song about being awesome and going back to Hogwarts.

Recently, myself and two friends decided to have a Harry Potter marathon. Once we had set the date and everything me and the girl whose house we were going to- Emma, decided we would dress up as Ron and Harry just to surprise our other friend Sophie. It was the most classic plan, and although the costume shop was closed our costumes were still rather deadly. So we walked out to the lounge in our costumes and after she called us idiots and we organised a costume for her, it was six Harry Potter movies for us. We had a blast of a time. And I wouldn't be lying if I said when we went into Woolworth's, still in costume, we got shot some really weird looks, but it was fun, and in ode of Harry. If you look at my profile picture you can see for yourselves, I am Ron, because I love Ron! I think personally Harry doesn't have much personality, that's without saying his parents are dead and there is a sociopathic lunatic trying to kill him.

My favourite Harry Potter book without question is; Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I think I love it so much because there finally was a fair bit of romance! It's sad for me to admit, but I learnt the paragraph where Harry and Ginny first kiss off by heart, and it really killed me not to see that in the movie, stupid Room of Requirement. But my favourite Harry Potter movie is definitely the third one- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, I have no reason why, I just do. Anyway I think that is enough about Harry Potter from me. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment