There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, January 8, 2011

True Blood = Nicholas Sparks?

Omg to be honest I have totally forgot I even had a blog for about a week, which is sad because I love my blog and it has kept my English up to scratch.


So by the title you may be thinking wtf? But I shall now explain.
Last year I had an unhealthy obsession with Nicholas Sparks, I loved the way he made me fall in love with the characters like I knew them and I also love the way that he can make me cry, something I do very rarely. After I had read 10 of his books consecutively he began to bore me and I could predict the entire story after reading the first chapter. That's when I decided I had read enough Nicholas Sparks.


Recently I have been watching True Blood, for the first time, and I have really enjoyed it, I mean who doesn't love sexy vampires having hot kinky sex :/ but yeah. I love the show but the only part that annoys me a little is the strong southern accents all the actors possess, I guess because they live in a southern town but it aggravates me. This lead me to thinking about Nicholas Sparks, all of his stories incorporated three things; love, loss and a small southern town. But I have to admit when I am reading about these beautiful people falling in love I never imagine them with a big redneck accent. Which now that I think about it totally turns me off reading Nicholas Sparks again and makes me want to read books about wealthy British men. (Cough cough Mr Darcy)


Anyway I know this has been a bit of a lame blog, I'm sorry my next one will be better but it has made me think about when I'm reading and how from now on I'm going to try and think of the characters accent too. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Adriana. I came across your blog through BookBlogs. Your randomness and quirkyness is refreshing. Needless to say, I'm now following you.

    If you get a spare moment, feel free to stop by my blog as well. www.gabriellenesiba.blogspot.com

    Oh, and FYI, True Blood is an awesome show---one that I highly enjoy. However, as a southern girl who lives in a VERY small southern town, I can honestly say we do not talk like that. I hate when Hollywood exaggerates such things as that, but I digress.

    Look forward to chatting with you soon. Until then, happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thanks :)
    Oh and I didn't intend to offend. To be honest you would probably think my Australian accent is ridiculous, the way Hollywood exaggerates it- well we are the only people here that talk like that haha. And I will be sure to check out your blog :D

    ReplyDelete