There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DEFINE: AWESOME!

Definition of awesome: amazing, inspiring awe or admiration or wonder. 
Who makes the cut? What makes something/someone awesome? 
It is probably a word I use far too lightly and I say too often. I take it for granted and don't appreciate it as the AWESOME adjective it is.

People I truly consider awesome:

  • Good Cooks
  • The Weasleys
  • Eric Northman 
  • Myself ;)
  • Jesus Christ
  • Katniss Everdeen 
  • Kevin Rudd
  • David Attenborough 
  • Heath Ledger
  • Johnny Depp 
  • Jackie Chan
  • Marlin (Finding Nemo)
  • Frank McCourt
The reason I posted this blog was because of the last person on the list- Frank McCourt. I'm currently reading Angela's Ashes and when I read about his horrible life and the fact that even though all these horrible things keep happening to him and his family, he still can grow up and make the best of himself, even utilizing the bad things and turning it into something good.That my friends is awesomeness. This made me think, if I get everything in life easily, at the touch of a button or just by asking, doesn't that mean that I should be able to achieve awesomeness in everything that I do? And if majority of the people I know are in the same predicament as I, then how come I haven't wrote them on the list? Just a little food for thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment